Jarvis Christian College will host a Health and Wellness Fair and Blood Drive for students and the Hawkins, Texas, community Thursday, April 18, 2013, on the Jarvis campus in the James Nelson Ervin Fellowship Hall from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Through the Health and Wellness Fair, organizers hope to educate students and the community about health choices they can make today to ensure a healthier tomorrow. The event is free and the public is invited. For information about becoming an exhibitor, call 903-730-4390, Ext. 2259.
Participating exhibitors include:
· Stewart Blood Center
· Longview Wellness Center
· Special Health Resources of East Texas (SHRET)
· East Texas Medical Center (Tyler)
· University of Texas Health Science Center at Tyler
· Good Shepherd Medical Center
· Wal-Mart Mineola Vision-Eye Care Center
· Texas Department of State Health Services
· Wellness Point of Longview, Texas
Founded in 1912, the mission of Jarvis Christian College is to prepare students intellectually, socially, spiritually and personally to pursue professional and graduate studies and productive careers. Affiliated with the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ), the College strives to instill in students the values of Christianity, knowledge, service, and industry.