The schedule includes:
• Flag raising by the Gilmer High School Jr. ROTC.
Lynn Alexander will play To the Color as the flag is raised)
• National Anthem By Lynn Alexander
• Pledge to the Flag, audience, led by Dan Miles
• Invocation and welcome: Rev. Huey Jones
• Placing of the Wreath at the Monument: Helen Nobles, widow of deceased VFW Commander Vernon Nobles
• Introduction of speaker: Commander Gary Adams, VFW Post 6715
• Speaker: Major (Retired) Shirley J. McKellar, Army Nurse Corps. (Historical Note: She is the first Army Nurse to speak here since Lt. Lucy Wilson returned from Corregidor in 1942.)
• Thanks to the speaker,. and announcements: Gary Adams
Flags for Veteran’s Graves are available. (Donations will be accepted.)
• Closing prayer: Dan Miles
• Taps and Lowering of Flag to Half Staff (Lynn Alexander and ROTC flag detail).
Lunch will be served to veterans and spouses at the DAV Building from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
The event is sponsored by VFW Post 6715, DAV Chapter 204, and American Legion Post 320.