Non-profit American Debt Counseling, Inc. Offers Practical Twist on Gift-Giving
SUNRISE, Fla. - What's better than saving money on a gift? Giving a gift that saves money for the recipient, too, according to financial literacy expert Barbara Stark of American Debt Counseling, Inc. (www.americandebtcounseling.org), a 501 (c) (3) non-profit organization providing financial education programs as well as free credit counseling and low-cost debt management services nationwide.
Here are 12 gift ideas that will make a lasting impression on the wallets of everyone on your gift list.
1. Rechargeable batteries and charger
2. Membership to a warehouse club
3. Personal finance software or a subscription to a finance magazine
4. Vegetable or herb seeds and pots for a window or container garden
5. Pay for a service - babysitting, lawn care, cleaning, haircut
6. Perform a service - create a resume, make alterations, change the oil in their car
7. Newspaper subscription offering sales circulars and coupons
8. Membership in an auto club offering discounts and savings
9. Reusable lunch tote and travel mug
10. Entertainment coupon book and movie rental subscription
11. Pre-paid gasoline, grocery store or phone cards
12. Gift certificate to a family or fast food restaurant
Based in Sunrise, Fla., American Debt Counseling, Inc. is a 501 (c) (3) non-profit organization providing financial education programs as well as confidential and professional certified credit counseling and debt management services across the nation. American Debt Counseling, Inc. is BSI registered and a member of the Association of Credit Counseling Professionals.