A public hearing on the plan will be held, followed by consideration of approving the plan.
Following the census taken every 10 years, political entities must redraw their district or precinct lines to keep the population as close to even as possible, following the principle of “one man, one vote.”
It accommodates population growth and shifts.
Upshur County recently redrew its precinct lines to accomplish this.
Other items to be considered by the council include:
• Consider and award construction contract for West Side lift station and sanitary sewer project, authorize execution of documents, and approve budget amendment for same.
• Consider and act on approving agreement betweem Upshur County Emergency Services District No. 1 and the City of Gilmer regarding radio dispatching service for the municipal and rural fire departments of Upshur County.
• Consider approval of budget amendment to increase budgeted revenue and expense from police and fire department radio grant.
• Consider acceptance of city investment report for period ended Sept. 30.
• Consider bid for property foreclosed for delinquent taxes, Lots 3, 4 and 7, South Park Addition.