Google partnering with KC to offer workshop on how to create a free business website
A workshop will be held next month to show business owners how to set up a free website for their business.
The workshop, “Texas Get Your Business Online,” is being hosted by the Kilgore College Small Business Development Center, Texas Office of the Governor, Longview Economic Development Corporation, the Kilgore Economic Development Corporation and representatives from Google.
The two identical workshops are set for 9 to 11:30 a.m. and 1 to 3:30 p.m. on Thursday, May 31, at Maude Cobb Convention Center’s Eitelman Conference Room in Longview.
There is no fee to attend but RSVP is required by May 24.
Laptops will be available for use to the first 50 registrants for each session.
Google representatives will lead the workshops, teaching attendees about growing their business online and walking them through the process of building their free website.
Small businesses will leave the seminar with their personalized, free website built and ready to use.
Seating is limited and early registration is highly recommended.
For seminar details and updates, visit them on Facebook or Twitter at #KCSBDC.
Highlights of the workshop:
- Learn the basics of how other people find your business online, with methods like search engine optimization (SEO), web analytics and more.
- Run your business more efficiently with online tools, including applications for improving collaboration and communication.
- Find out the steps required to create and publish a website for your business using Intuit Site-builder
- Set up your free website account
- Register a domain name (your "address" on the web)
- Select a website template and learn how to customize it
- Publish your website.