The Upshur County Grand Jury on Thursday returned 16 indictments, including six sealed ones, said Upshur County District Attorney Billy Byrd.
Defendants, charges and bond information in the open indictments were as follows, said Byrd:
• Chase Daniel Coffman, 19, of Gladewater, aggravated assault/threaten with deadly weapon on April 1, $50,000.
• Dondra J. Halton, 19, of Longview, aggravated assault/threaten with deadly weapon on April 1. Bond was set at $50,000 (but she was released to another agency, Byrd’s office said.)
• Dominique Maurice Scudella, 21, of White Oak, aggravated assault/threaten with deadly weapon on April 1, $50,000.
• Michael Allen Pafford, 27, of Pittsburg, driving while intoxicated; subsequent offense on April 28, $5,000.
• Laura Ruth Woodward, 45, of Longview, prohibited substance in correctional facility on Nov. 1, 2012, $10,000.
• Royal Clay McCown, 58, of Gilmer, possession of a controlled substance (methamphetamine) on Nov. 16, 2012, $25,000.
• Samantha Amanda Mayo, 37, of Whitehouse, possession of methamphetamine on Nov. 10, 2012, $25,000.
• Kaylan Renard Owens, Jr., 20, of Gilmer, tampering with physical evidence on May 16. He remained in county jail under $20,000 bond.
• Larry Dean Donald, Jr., 28, of Deberry, separately indicted on charges of driving while intoxicated; subsequent offense and evading arrest/detention with vehicle. He is charged with committing both offenses March 17. Bond was set at $10,000 on the DWI charge, $5,000 on the evasion charge.
The sealed indictments, which were unopened because no arrests had been made, included the following: two for failure to register as sex offender, and one each for assault on public servant, burglary of habitation, theft of property of the value of $1,500 or more but less than $20,000. and abandoning or endangering child.