2014 SUMMER EDITION OF DAVE CAMPBELL’S TEXAS FOOTBALL MAGAZINE
DEBUTS JUNE 20
55th installment of the southwest’s leading football source is a 'work of art'
The annual summer edition of Dave Campbell’s Texas Football magazine will soon be on newsstands all across Texas, and this year’s cover is green and gold all over — specifically, Baylor green and gold.
The 55th installment of the Southwest’s leading football source comes out Friday, June 20, and features Baylor University Head Coach Art Briles, Quarterback Bryce Petty and Wide Receiver Antwan Goodley. Gracing the cover of the “bible of Texas football,” the defending Big 12 champions are pictured in front of the soon-to-be-completed McLane Stadium, determined to prove the Bears belong among college football’s elites.
“It was a slam-dunk pick for the cover this year,” Managing Editor Greg Tepper said. “Each annual edition of Texas Footballaspires to reflect the biggest story in the state that year, and there’s little doubt that the Bears are the biggest story in Texas football. With the meteoric rise of the long-downtrodden program – thanks in large part to consummate Texan Art Briles – plus a state-of-the-art new stadium, Baylor is, for the first time, the football epicenter of the Lone Star State.”
The annual magazine covers college and high school football in Texas as no other publication can. Among the standard features in the 2014 Summer Edition are:
- The Preseason All-Texas College Team, honoring the top college players in the state;
- The annual Super Teams and Top 300, honoring the top recruits in the state;
- In-depth analysis of each in-state FBS program’s 2014 team, plus coverage of Texas’ FCS, DII, DIII and JUCO teams;
- The coveted Coverboy spot for every high school classification; and,
- An individual preview of every high school team in Texas — more than 1,400 in all!
New features for the 2014 Summer Edition include:
- Expanded high school rankings;
- An illuminating main feature on Art Briles and the Baylor program by Texas Monthly’s Jason Cohen;
- Picks and predictions for all Texas colleges and regional rivals;
- An expanded national college football preview; and,
- An expanded private high school section, featuring more private schools than ever.
About Sports In Action LLC
Sports In Action LLC owns an exclusive license from IMG Performance to operate the Dave Campbell’s Texas Football media brand. Sports In Action is a Limited Liability Corporation led by President Adam Hochfelder and based in Carrollton, TX.